We are partnering with Elastic, the inventors of Elasticsearch - a robust, scalable search tool used by companies dealing with huge amounts of data. We have big clients from the corporate world in EMEA that need powerful Elasticsearch applications tailored for their needs. We are building the team from scratch and we are looking for Security Engineer to help us deliver outstanding solutions to our clients. The right person for this role will have deep knowledge of security operations in addition to some breadth of experience in other facets of security such as risk management, compliance, incident response and threat hunting.
- As a part of the Opstalent Team, the Security Engineer’s core responsibility is to develop and operate Elastic’s centralized security services.
- Develop Elastic’s internal security threat analytics platform and collaborate with product focused team as part of security operations.
- Work effectively with stakeholders in IT, Finance, Legal, Engineering and Product, and demonstrate being able to engage at sufficient technical depth with our products
- Play a meaningful role in Security Incident planning and response
- Participate in security risk assessments
- Provide security policy guidance to Opstalent employees
- Perform vulnerability scans and coordinate remediation
- BA or higher degree in a technical field (e.g. EE, CS)
- 5 years of relevant work experience across engineering and IT organizations, including security incident response, threat analytics, security operations, and security risk management.
- Experience with security and compliance requirements for cloud or SaaS services including SOC2 and ISO27001 or similar certifications.
- Passionate about actionable security analytics and threat hunting.
- Care about operational efficiency and can embrace a DevOps approach to cloud operations
- Experience with elasticsearch projects is a big plus
- Very good communication skills
- Very good English skills
- Availability for occasional business trips
Preferred skills and experience with one or more of the following
- Experience with DevOps security operations for a large scale SaaS platform,
- Threat hunting for a large scale SaaS platform
- Experience with Open Source and the Elastic Stack
- Experience with Linux and Containerized deployment
- Automation software such as Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Puppet
- Familiarity with cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Web application security – automated and manual pen testing
- Network security: experience building secure cross-region SDNs in cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, and GCP
- CISSP, CISM, CCSK, CCSP, or similar certification
- Ability to work with cutting-edge technology
- Brilliant international team
- Large amount of trust and lots of flexibility
- Opportunity to develop professional skills (conferences, meetups, workshops, seminars, CodeFests)
- Continuous learning in a dedicated and talented team, proper feedback and mentorship
- Internal events on regular basis. Get yourself to develop your skills and share knowledge
- Opportunity to take part in front-end community and organising community events on local and international level
- Access to our resource library and opportunity to choose whatever you’d like to have on our “shelf”
- Flexible hours and possibility to work remotely from time to time
- Private medical healthcare and Multisport cards to help you stay fit
- Life insurance plan to give you a sense of security and stability
- Work–life balance culture
- Comfortable workspace, free snacks and goodies
- Awesome team building events (parties, happy Fridays with keg beer and board games)
Still hungry for more info?
Contact our recruiter Przemek right away at email@example.com and ask about everything you want to know about this specific job role!
Please note that we will contact only selected candidates. We kindly ask you to include the following clause: “I agree for processing my personal data and putting them into our database in order to present me an offer of employment, in accordance with the provisions of the Act about the Personal Details Protection dated 29.08.1997 (Dz.U. z 2002 r. Nr 101, poz. 926 z poz. zm.).